Monday, October 13, 2008

OK I'll go next...



Hmm, about me…

Once upon a time, I moved to Portland, OR from Berkeley, CA for a web design job. I quickly grew tired of the grey cubicle walls and corporate mindset, so ventured out to find some brightness in the world. I came upon and married a bright, beautiful boy, popped out two sweet babies (Holden, 4 ½ and Esme 2 ½ at the time of this tale) and quit the day job to mom them at home. Now we spend our days singing, playing and painting with whatever color we choose, quite opposite of my previous corporate life.

FlockTogetherFront

For me, crafting provides the essential balance I need after long days of conversing with people under 3 feet tall. Blogging about it has allowed me to connect with like-minded crafty bloggers, also essential to my sanity.

quiltdetail4

I’ve been sewing and crafting for as long as I remember and secretly adored home ec class. I love anything vintage and scour thrift stores and opp shops for a bit of the past to weave into my creations.

First Doll Quilt

My favorite quilt style mixes modern design with vintage or reproduction fabrics, or vice versa. I’m so excited about the explosion of creativity that’s happening in the craft world right now. I think I have over a hundred design*sponge posts tagged on my bloglines for inspiration. Seriously.

DotsDashesQuiltClose

I tend to play it safe when it comes to sewing for other people, so my goal for this project is to experiment with different styles, color combinations, patterns and techniques. I adore anything by Denyse Schmidt, so am thinking of a DS theme when I’m up to bat.

Cherry Quilt Front

I blog at WhatKnot and dabble on flickr inbetween crafting and parenting. I’m so looking forward to this adventure and am grateful that I was asked to participate, Thanks Beki! And thanks to Tracy for creating this awesome space!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

ooh, I too an inspired by DS, and I love to mix styles, contemporary with vintage, etc. I am so into that! I'm diggin your quilts!

Economic Analyst said...

Great blog! Please check out mine and click around. THANKS!

Philigry said...

beautiful pictures. so inspiring!

dana said...

Your quilts are absolutely adorable. I love your style and love this fun quilting idea. Maybe I'll have to start my own!

beki said...

Oh gosh, I can relate to so much of what you wrote, though crafting for me balances out the mundane of my corporate existence - I haven't broken away from the gray cubicle walls yet...
Your quilts are beautiful!!

andrea said...

I'm LOVING your quilts!! esp the log cabin!

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love the red bird quilt!!!