Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beki's block

Beki's block :: October

I don't want anyone to think I'm an overachiever or anything, just because I got this block done a week after I received the fabric. Ok, so maybe I am sometimes, a little bit. But this may be the only block that I finish this early. I just got so excited, and I'm actually kind of amazed that it took me 5 days to start sewing.

This block surprised me a little. I didn't know what to expect when I opened the envelope, of course, and when I saw the flash of orange I jumped up and down a little bit, I'll be frank. I've got orange fabric galore in my stash, being as it's my favorite color, and I think I expected this to go in that direction. But when a handful of prints with light blue gravitated to Beki's two fabric choices, plus this crazy stripe print, I just let my intuition go. And maybe I was a little bit inspired by the ribbon. I was a little bit nervous, but I forged ahead anyway.

You asked for stripes, so I pieced the fabric into strip(e)s for you. I had to get a little crazy, though, of course, with some "stripes" in opposite directions. I really hope you like it!

4 comments:

Jona Giammalva said...

Oh I see a little snippet of selvedge in there! Brilliant! Your block is beautiful and I love all the variety in it!

Philigry said...

love your stripes!

kristena marie said...

I love love love the light blue in there! Very pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

Tracy, you always make me laugh.
And if you ask me, you are clearly an overachiever. I've never met anyone with so much energy and enthusiasm.