Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hello from Kristena

First, let me just say that this is so neat! I love hearing everyone's voice in one place and seeing that we're all alike and yet... not. Thanks Tracy and Beki for being such organized and thoughtful ladies!

So I'm Kristena.


I went to school in South Carolina and majored in English at this little place. Then I went on to that silly corporate job at this huge place. And then my dear prince rescued me.

I always knew I wanted to be an artist. But somewhere along the way, that piece of my identity was lost. Just for a spell. While pregnant with our firstborn (who just turned 2! I also have a 6 month old.), I pulled out the trusty sewing machine and never looked back.

I also knit, crochet, paint, thrift, and bake. And whatever else comes along. Yeah, I totally flit from one project to the next. :)

Personally, I see creativity as a gift from a very creative God. So no matter how silly it may seem, adding art and beauty to the little bits of life is very important to me. I'm inspired by Scandinavian, Japanese, French, and old-school Americana design. And old stuff. And babies. And pop culture.

I blog at Thimbly Things, and I Flickr here.

Okay, so that's plenty about me. Now what about the rest of you? :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I totally flit too! And your baby picture is adore. able.

melissa s. said...

love the baby pics and your creations are beautiful! i agree - i think this world can never have enough art and beauty.

Philigry said...

loved reading your post. so nice to hear about everyone's passions, and how they got to where they are now.

dana said...

I think this is such a cool thing you're doing. I may have to copy the idea and organize one too...you know, in all that free craft time I have...
Can't wait to see what you all come up with!
- dana