Monday, October 13, 2008

Introduction to the graphic designer



Hi!

I guess I'll start out the twelve by twelve blog with an introduction. I'm Tracy, from Madison, Wisconsin, where it is currently this strange combination of Octobersummer, with heat and humidity and pretty falling leaves. I don't get it.

Monkey Butt

I'm a graphic designer with a photography habit, and I do some sewing and knitting every now and then. I wouldn't say that I'm a proficient sewer, necessarily, but I've been figuring things out on a fairly regular basis for about a year with simple-ish lap blankets and oddly proportioned stuffed toys.

Madeleine

I finished my first quilt in May, a gift for a newborn baby of a friend of mine, and I've been slowly plodding away at squares for a yellow quilt since then. I tend not to plan a whole lot when I piece quilt blocks, but rather just see how things work out, letting my design eye tell me where to put things.

Yellow Squares Quilt Block 3

I love wonky lines, unexpected design elements, interesting color combinations, and contemporary patterns.

I have been watching some of the other virtual quilting bees around blogland, and wishing I could participate in one too, so when Beki asked me to be a part of one that she was putting together, I couldn't have been more thrilled. I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with!

You can find me on flickr, and at my blog homebase
Prickly Pear Bloom.

And also, I'm new to blogger so it may take me awhile to get used to the interface here...

5 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Love your simple log cabin quilt. And your yellow block is so happy.

Philigry said...

love it! i am a sucker for wonky lines too!

melissa s. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa s. said...

i love your designs and creations. i'm really looking forward to this project!

beki said...

Oh yes, wonky lines are great! As an recovering perfectionist, I now love all the little imperfections. This is so fun Tracy, thanks!