Sunday, November 2, 2008

November!

Hi All, I'm Jessica and my birthday happens to be in November which makes this my month for the quilting bee! Right now I'm a whole bunch of stuff: a graduate student, speech-language therapist in an elementary school, and a crafty girl at heart. Creating things always makes me feel a bit more at center when life gets crazy (which it always seems to do).
I'm lucky to be surrounded by many crafty friends and family members who support my (ahem) passions. My Grammie (the infamous Turkey Cookie baker) is the original crafty gal in my life. She can knit, sew anything, and make a delicious sugar cookie. Along the way my Grammie exposed me to quilting, gave me a bunch of quilty goodies for Christmas and encouraged me to take a class. I dragged the Mama along with me and she pulled out her dusty sewing machine. Long story short - the Mama has a long arm quilting business and I'm here inspired as ever quilting away.
I am loving the challenge and excitement of this bee so far even if it's caused me to take a few deep breaths and forget about being nervous (hopefully I'm not the only one who feels this way!). Here's the block I made for Beki:This month's theme is Autumn. Being a November girl and a teacher living in New York I have a fantastic love of this season. I'm constantly inspired by the changing of the leaves, the cooler temperatures, and the rhytmn of the days.All of the fabric is signed and sealed and ready to be mailed. It should arrive to your doorstep soon- Happy quilting!

10 comments:

Hippie Family... said...

what a great square.. I came by your place to say hi and saw you had a new blog, this is great.. for all 12 of you~
I will be back to see more.. :D

Jen said...

oh I am SO loving these squares! Yall are ALL doing a very GOOD job on these!

melissa s. said...

love your block! i'm really looking forward to your theme, autumn's my favorite season!

kristena marie said...

Yay! I can't wait. :)

Philigry said...

can't wait to get your fabric! happy, happy birthday to you!

Leciawp said...

Pretty square!

Suzanne said...

cannot wait to see your pick -- i'm having such fun watching (and cheering) from the sidelines!

Jona Giammalva said...

Oh goody! I can't wait! I love the theme you picked.

Mc Allen said...

you re so creative!!! Great insight and idea! LA

Kangaroo said...

i'm a november girl too, and so grateful to have found this collective (and turkey cookies also!). what a FABULOUS idea.